Top 10 Signs Indicating You Are A Sex Addict
Getting intimate with your significant other or a random person (while wearing protection) is a natural and healthy activity most adults engage into these days. Even though sex is normal between two consenting adults, it is necessary to mention that going over a certain line might indicate the presence of a progressive disorder.
As you probably learned from the media, the number of cases of sexual addicts is constantly increasing, especially among public figures. While some might view their actions as another way to get into the center of attention, the truth is that this disorder exists. In fact, similarly to other behavioral disorders, sexual addiction can be identified via specific symptoms. Let’s elaborate.
1. You live a double life
Double life in this context refers to having a sex life that you go to great lengths to keep a secret from your loved ones. To be more precise, a married person who is a sexual addict will feel a compulsive need to cheat on his partner, is a regular of the strip or nightclubs in town and will constantly hide from others to enjoy his pornography. Simply put, if you are in a relationship and you are constantly hiding in order to get your sexual gratification, then that should raise a red flag.
2. You are always seeking adventures/engaging in risky behaviors
3. You have a hard time maintaining a relationship
4. You feel an overwhelming guilt
5. You see sex toys in otherwise innocent objects
7. You experience impotence symptoms when in a romantic relationship
9. You spend an excessive amount of cash on porn
10. You got into trouble with the law